Our client is a global bank that is looking to a hire an experienced product manager to own the China strategy, ensuring competitive positioning of custody and asset servicing products as the market develops.
Based in either Hong Kong or Shanghai, as part of the securities and asset servicing Asia leadership team, you will define the onshore and offshore product proposition for China including:
- sector and segment analysis identifying new product opportunities and executing new market initiatives;
- developing product pricing strategies and maintaining rate cards in conjunction with the management team;
- designing and maintaining the business operating models for service delivery;
- sponsoring strategic development programmes and chairing relevant governance groups;
- providing visible leadership promoting a risk awareness culture;
As the subject matter expert you will develop strong relationships with the CSRC and other key regulatory bodies in China as well as representing the bank at key industry groups, conferences and within the media. Maintaining a commercial awareness of regulatory and market developments you will position and differentiate the banks product suite relative to the competition.
To be considered for this role you must:
- demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the securities and funds market in Asia underpinned by a strong reputation and presence as a thought leader;
- have a strategic mind-set with strong conceptual, creative and analytical content and a track record of successfully managing and executing large budget, multi-jurisdictional projects;
- be a business leader and people motivator with the gravitas to represent the bank in the media and at key industry events;
- have a strong network with 3rd party service suppliers and develop deep relationships with the regulators in China;
- be fluent (ideally mother tongue) in English and Putonghua.
Information collected is for recruitment purposes only.